Black Panther was one of those movies that if you weren’t planning to see it, after a day or so of it’s release, you had a sudden change of heart! Our household (and by this I mean my husband) are HUGE Marvel fans. I’ve mentioned previously, he is just one of those guys who finds comfort in the geekier things in life. It’s one of the things I enjoy most about him! I’ve learnt so much about the Marvel Universe and once you do, you can’t help but want to know it all!
When the Black Panther movie was announced, it was no different from any others… We needed to own it! What we didn’t know was the absolute fan’s delight that would be waiting for us when we did! I don’t know about you, but I love watching Marvel movies for a second or third time, to catch all the little things I missed the first time. There are always so many back stories and little “Easter-eggs” left for fans, that once is never enough.
Black Panther’s Blu Ray Special Features Include:
- Commentary from the Director Ryan Coogler, and Production Designer Hannah Beachler throughout the movie explaining the thought process behind the why and the how. This is such a treat, there is just so much more than what appears initially.
- Discussions with Coogler, the creator of the Black Panther character and some of the writers who wrote the early Black Panther comics. They discuss the history and significance of the character. Black Panther was created in the 1970’s, when Marvel’s audience was primarily young white males during a rioting time. The introduction of an African King had to be understood in a way that was accessible to the audience – and how they managed to do this. So interesting and exciting!
- A sneak peak Trailer for Antman and the Wasp. Another one I am excited about!
- Gag reel showing deleted scenes never released. Definitely one for the fans!
No Spoilers! Most Notable Difference about Black Panther!
With all the differences that came from the creation of Black Panther, including this being the first solo black superhero movie in the Marvel Canon. It also boasted a predominately black cast and with such a big budget it was really risky. Obviously this paid off as it has been the highest grossing movie in terms of ticket sales, next to Avengers: Infinity War! The most notable thing for us though, is the villain in this movie. Killmonger is a fully fleshed out villain, he has a full story of his own. This includes his motivations for why he does the things that he does. These are completely believable and relatable. Which is unusual as Marvel generally focuses solely on the Superhero and his own history and bases for perception.
Of course, I loved this movie. I love re-experiencing it. And I loved the bonus features! If you are a Marvel fan, you will be happy to know the Blu Ray and DVD are available at leading stores!
WIN a copy of Black Panther for yourself!
Disney has given a DVD copy for one lucky ready to enjoy! 🙂 All you need to do is comment below who your favourite character is in the movie! (Only I will see your email address)
- For an additional entry tag someone on the pinned post on Facebook, who would love to win this DVD too!
- For an additional entry tag someone on the post on Instagram, who would love to win this DVD too!
This competition is only open to readers residing in South Africa. The giveaway will run until Wednesday, 1st of August, 2018, with 1 winner being selected at random shortly afterwards. I will announce the winners of my giveaway on my social media pages, so make sure you follow me on all 3 social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram) so you don’t miss the announcement. If no reply to my email has been received within 48hrs, a new winner will be selected. Ensure you complete the necessary steps to validate your entries. I have no choice but to disqualify incorrect entries. Please allow 2 to 4 weeks for delivery from Disney. If you’ve won a competition in the last 6 months, you are not eligible to enter.
Disclaimer: This is not a sponsored post, but I received a Blu-ray copy for review, as always the views and opinions expressed are my own.