So when last did you look at your life, and pat yourself on the back for all the things you did...right? Yes, you read that correctly – the things you did right! Skip the mom guilt, all the mistakes you made, and things you could have done better? I’m guessing that just like me, you don’t actually look at those aspects very often. And when you do – like me you sit scratching your head in wonder, at what those “right” things might be.
When Cindy from 3 kids 2 dogs and 1 old house tagged me in the Rocking Motherhood tag, I squealed with delight! Partly because I like blog tags and haven’t done one in like forever ever. And then also (note: trying to play this down over here) because uhm, yeah she is a blog crush of mine *blush!* – please do yourself a favour and check her out – she is awesome!
Basically I have to list a couple of reasons why I think I am rocking motherhood – hmmm, gonna be a tough one!
So after sitting for almost half an hour thinking of all things I could possibly write here, I started to google (for some inspiration – sad right?). Then I realised I needed to think about what motherhood actually was for us in THIS home, and forget for a second about all the wonderful stuff I’d read in all the other motherhood tags. Here goes:
- I spend my tea time, lunch time and most before and after work times (every spare moment), pumping breastmilk at work so my boy can have “mama’s milk” for school the next day.
- I cook every second night, so that on every other night we can have more time with our children – less rush, less stress and more happiness
- Always trying to be better. My husband always says – when I beat myself up, bad moms don’t care about the fact that they are bad moms. So you really can’t be a bad mom, just the fact that you think that you are – and feel bad about it makes you a good mom. Hahahaha – this guy though?
- Google is my friend – because “it takes a village to raise a child” and in my house that village is Google, my husband and I.
- I pray for my kids. The Lord knows my heart and that is enough.
- I am constantly trying to improve my daughters hair routine – it was really really bad at first, and its getting so much better and she is loving me so much more. And its so stupid but wow – helping me so much.
- I attend Sports Days – I am a full time working mama, it gets so hard. But I attended my first school sports day this year and it meant so much to Emma. It was an awesome experience too and by this I don’t mean the sunburn.
- My husband and I are total opposites, he’s a drill sergeant and I think part of why our family works is because sometimes he needs a “that was too harsh” look or nudge or stare down when he gets a bit carried away, and I am always there ready with my big eyes to help him out.
- This might be taking this rocking motherhood thing a bit far but I honestly have absolutely awesome kids. And really I couldn’t be such a bad mom – if I got them so right…. right?
Whew! That was really hard. And also really necessary so thank you Cindy! I’m feeling a little like a rockstar mama at the moment. I am passing this tag onto the following mommies who blog and are uber cool too, excited to see what you guys come up with:
Rules for the tag are:
- Thank the blogger that tagged you and link to their blog.
- List 10 things you believe make you a good mother (this is just a guideline. It can be more or less than 10.)
- Tag 3 – 5 bloggers to join in the #RockingMotherhood Tag.
- Grab the #RockingMotherhood badge and add it to your post or sidebar.
You can read more about the tag and where it originates here!
In the meantime – Be a #rockingmama